Sunday 12 February 2012


Here goes...I've not really found my niche in the card market yet....I've tried all sorts of avenues....and enjoy bitting and bobbing with all different techniques.

I've been asked in the passed to make cards for friends and family members and here are just a couple of them.


This was made for my neighbour's new born granddaughter using the fantastic "Arty Farty" template.


 
This exploding box was made for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day one year.  No templates used, just built it up as I went along, something I enjoy doing - you never know where it's going to take you, just like my next example, which was commissioned by a work colleague for his wife's 50th Birthday.



This too was built around the bottle of champagne.  Each side of the box represented the lady in question's husband and 3 daughters.  They each had their own photo memorabilia attached along with an envelope which contain their very own birthday messages.






I'm also a huge fan of Joanna Sheen.  She's absolutely inspirational, and brings some fantastic designs to our doors.


This is another of my "home made" designs.  My daughter's best friend was turning 18 and she loves Volkswagan beetles, so in true "gracie" fashion, I set to work drawing the main design and cutting it up into pieces and using them as templates.  It turned out rather well if I do say so myself.
Here's another "Arty Farty" design.  I was asked by an old friend of mine, whose colleague was getting married, to make a card for her, and this is what I did.  As you can see in the background, it's not the first one I've made.  My father-in-law received a gold one for his 80th Birthday, he's an avid classic car fan, and I've also made another "wedding car" for a colleague of mine too.  Never fails to impress.

Well, that's a taster of my attempts at card making for today.  Write more soon.

1 comment:

  1. Loving your work Lisa and congratulations on starting a blog xx

    ReplyDelete